Fluid Analysis Lab
Four Benefits of S•O•S Services:
- Accurate analysis using tests designed by Caterpillar for Caterpillar products
- Knowledgeable interpretation (who knows Caterpillar products better?)
- Quick turnaround – most S•O•S Services test results are available within 24 hours (or less) after receipt of the sample.
- Recommendations in understandable language – other labs often try to impress users with technical information. Customers appreciate the facts and recommendations in simple, easy-to-understand communications.
Our S•O•S Services lab provides information about the problem and then helps you decide the best course of action.
- Oil Analysis
- Coolant Analysis
- Wear Metal Analysis
- View your results online – S•O•S Services Web
Why do you need fluid analysis services?
- Avoid complete failures. Often an adjustment or replacement of a single part, based on S•O•S Services findings, can prevent a small problem from growing into a major repair.
- Track what is going on inside the equipment. It enables you to predict wear-related problems, allowing greater flexibility in repair scheduling and downtime control. S•O•S Services tracks the wear of components, oil performance, and condition.
- Maintain equipment and shorten repair time. Using the S•O•S Services Report as a guide, troubleshooting time is often reduced, enabling a serviceman to go directly to the core of the problem. Since you, your S•O•S Analyst, and your Parts & Service Rep. are working as a team to manage your equipment maintenance, you can be assured that parts and shop time are readily available.
- Optimize oil change intervals.
- Manage component life and equipment availability, thus reducing owning and operating costs. Downtime is decreased and productivity and profitability are increased!