Trouble Starting your Diesel Engine in Cold Weather?
Have you had trouble starting your Diesel engine in cold weather?
We’ve had some frigid temperatures across North Carolina this winter, making it difficult for some buses to start in the morning. For the Blue Bird Propane Powered Bus, cold mornings are no problem at all! Cold weather is not an operational barrier to the use of propane autogas. With the ROUSH CleanTech fuel system, the propane remains in a liquid state until it gets to the cylinder, which has alleviated cold start issues associated with vapor technology propane systems of the past. In fact, the fuel system provides for unaided cold weather starts to -40º F.
Check out this demo of one of our buses starting right up in the cold weather!
BENEFITS OF PROPANE
- Minimize warm-up time
- Start up in temperatures as low as -40º F
- Reduce use of full-throttle
- Most fuel efficient engines
- On average, propane autogas cost is 40-50% less than gas and 50-60% less than diesel.
- Powerful Ford 6.8L engine with ROUSH CleanTech liquid propane autogas fuel system
- Maintenance savings
- Propane reduces total hydrocarbon emissions by 80%